Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Christmas is over now for this time



Today I have taken down all my Christmas decorations, so the Christmas is over now for this time. Here in Sweden most people take the Christmas decorations down on January 13, as this day is the last day of Christmas. Some people leave it until January 20 or so.

When do we start decorating our homes? Most people start decorate with Christmas Tree and other decorations on Advent (3rd Dec 2006).

I celebrated my Christmas with my family, mum, sister and my nieces. We celebrate our Christmas on Dec 24 in the evening, not Dec 25 as in other countries. We had a traditional Christmas with dinner, watching Donald Duck on TV and then in the evening opening our presents. But first! The Santa visited us at home and he gave presents to us all. After Santa had left, we opened our presents.

One untraditional thing was introduced to us this year: a turkey. Mum wanted to try something new, so she bought this turkey for our dinner. It was the first time I eat turkey, and it was not bad, it tasted good. Well, it's always good to try something new!

No comments: